98.5 theLight is Albury Wodonga’s local Christian radio station.
98.5 theLight is run by Albury Wodonga Christian Broadcasters Incorporated (AWCB Inc.). AWCB Inc. isn’t run or supported by any one church or denomination and we don’t have the backing of a major corporation like commercial radio stations do; our funding comes from listeners like you, and local businesses.
- In the early 1990’s AWCB Inc. started test broadcasting as 101.7 Rhema FM.
- In 1999 AWCB Inc. applied for a Long-Term Licence for 101.7Mhz we were using. Later that year AWCB Inc. were informed AWCB were unsuccessful.
- In 2005 the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) issued a Temporary Community Broadcasting Licence to AWCB Inc.. theLight began broadcasting on 28 May 2006 under this Temporary Broadcast Licence as 100.7 theLight and applied for a new TBL each year as needed.
- Because of the introduction of the ABC News service in 2008, 100.7 theLight was allocated a new frequency on 98.5Mhz and became 98.5 theLight.
- In November of 2013 the ACMA asked for applicants for temporary licence that 98.5 theLight broadcast on to become Long-Term which AWCB Inc. put in an application for.
- In January of 2014 AWCB Inc. were told of our success in gaining a Long-Term Licence.
Our actions are governed by our constitution and policies, as well as a number of laws and regulations, including the Broadcasting Services Act (1992) and the Community Broadcasters Code of Practice (2008) (also PDF).
As elected at the last Annual Meeting of Albury Wodonga Christian Broadcasters Incorporated.
Officers Of The Association
President – Bruce Hogan
Vice President – David James
Treasurer – Mark Paech
Secretary [Public Officer] – Dee Thompson
Station Manager, Program Director
Presenter: Mornings On theLight, 9:00am to Midday Weekdays.
Richard is one of two members on our team who was on air in the 90’s when we broadcast as Rhema 101.7 FM. He hopes as a presenter of christian music it will expand your knowledge and appreciation of all Christian music.
Statement of Faith
(i) that the 66 books of the Bible are the Word of God, divinely inspired in all parts1 without error in its origin2 and the sole authority for doctrine and practice3;
(ii) in the one Triune God4, eternally existent as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit5, who created the physical universe and man in His own image, by His direct and immediate spoken word6 during the six days of creation7;
(iii) that Satan is a real personality8 and an evil presence in the world;
(iv) in the pre existence9, incarnation, virgin birth10, sinless nature and life11, miracles12, substitutionary death13, bodily resurrection14, ascension to heaven15, and personal bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ16;
(v) in the total depravity of the nature of man17 and the entrance of death into the world through his fall in the Garden of Eden18, and the absolute inability of man to save himself from eternal punishment by his own works19.
(vi) in the regeneration of man by the grace of God20 and the work of the Holy Spirit21, with salvation from sin being available to whoever comes to Christ through faith in His finished work on the cross22;
(vii) in the spiritual relationship of all believers with the Lord Jesus Christ23 and witnessing to His saving grace24 and living a life of good works25 and service, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit26.
(i) 12 Tim 3:16-17; 2Psalm 19:7-9; 3Matt 7:21; 7:24; James 1:22-25;
(ii) 4Isaiah 45:5; 1 Cor 8:4; 5Matt 28:19-20; John 1:18; 10:30; 6Gen 1:1-27; 7Gen 1:1; 1:31;
(iii) 8Rev 12:7-9;
(iv) 9John 1:1; 10Luke 1:30-35; 11Luke 4:1-13; 12Luke 4:40; 131 Peter 2:24; Rom 5:18-19; 14Acts 2:24; 1 Cor 15:3-5; 15Acts 2:29-36; 16Mark 13:26; Acts 1:9-11; Rev 19:11-16;
(v) 17Rom 7:5; 18Rom 5:12; 19Eph 2:8-9; Psalm 127:1-2;
(vi) 20John 3:3-8; Rom 6:1-11; 211 Peter 1:1-2; 22Acts 26:17; Eph 2:8; 1 Peter 1:3;
(vii) 23Rom 8:17; 24Eph 6:10-20; 25 Eph 2:10; John 14:12-1`3; 261 Cor 12:4-7.